Queen Of Peace Hospital
The citizens of [newpragu] realized their dream of a hospital, with the help of federal support for the construction of rural hospitals, a city bond issue and generous local contributions. In 1952, Community Memorial Hospital ? later named Queen of Peace Hospital ? opened its doors for the first time.
With the Sisters of St. Benedict leading the way in community healthcare, and thanks to numerous volunteer hours, community encouragement and funding, the Hospital quickly became all that everyone had dreamed it would be and much more. Today, Queen of Peace Hospital is incorporated as a locally owned non-profit corporation. The organization is governed and managed by a board of directors and has benefited from the most recent leadership of visionary chief executive officer Sister Jean Juenemann. The Sisters of St. Benedict continue to sponsor and support the Hospital and its mission to provide advanced and compassionate healthcare to every person in need.