Stevens Community Memorial Hospital
Stevens Community Medical Center traces its roots to three small area hospitals which opened after the turn of the century. In 1951, Stevens County Memorial Hospital was built at the existing location. Major reconstruction occurred in the mid 1970s with the addition of a new wing and clinic. The Morris Medical Center clinic was owned and operated by the physicians. In 1994 the hospital and physician clinic merged to form Stevens Community Medical Center. In 1998, SCMC completed a 15,000 square foot addition which houses new clinic facilities, including private exam rooms and state-of-the-art procedure rooms. SCMC provides comprehensive health care services to more than 15,000 residents in Stevens County and west central Minnesota, including the city of [morris].