St Francis Regional Medical Center
In 1938, five Franciscan Sisters purchased the county poorhouse and opened the St. Francis Hospital and Home in [shakopee]. Over the years care demands increased. With the support of the community, the original hospital was replaced by a 50 bed structure in 1952.
In 1987, the Franciscans transferred sponsorship and ownership of the hospital to the Benedictine Health System, Duluth. By October 1993, a new alliance was formed between St. Francis, the Benedictine Health System and HealthSpan (a predecessor organization of Allina Health System).
Growing health care needs and exceptional community support enabled the new St. Francis Regional Medical Center to open its doors in July 1996, on the SouthValley Health Campus in [shakopee].
Today, St. Francis Regional Medical Center is jointly sponsored by the Benedictine Health System, Park Nicollet Health Services, and Allina Hospitals & Clinics.
Articles about this hospitalSt. Francis Regional Medical Center Hires New Cancer Center Manager