Mille Lacs Health System
The remoteness of health care services to the Mille Lacs communities the early 1950's prompted great concern among many area residents. Thus, through widespread community interest and financial support of area residents, work on a new 28-bed hospital began in 1954.
Management and administration of the hospital were entrusted to the Franciscan sisters of Little Falls, Minnesota. The hospital, completed in 1956, was staffed by Franciscans and other Mille Lacs area employees and the first patients' were admitted on April first of that year.
In 1982 a large-scale renovation and expansion project was begun in the 26-year-old hospital section. This project greatly expanded and reorganized the patient care and ancillary areas including Lab, Pharmacy, Emergency Room and Reception for greater efficiency.
In 2003 they completed a major expansion and renovation of their surgery, radiology, labor & delivery and administrative areas to accommodate future growth.
Articles about this hospitalAbout Our Health System