Dahl Memorial Healthcare Association
Dahl Memorial Healthcare Association is located in the small town of [ekalaka], Montana. The hospital is under the direction of Mehdi Merred. The facility is a Long Term Care and Critical Access Hospital. It also contains a pharmacy and clinic.
The hospital is a part of Ekalaka's beautiful atmosphere and history. The original Dahl Memorial Hospital was finished and ready for occupancy the fall of 1942. It was built on the back of a the block designated and given to the county by pioneer Jacob Speelman as "Court House Square." It was named for Oscar A Dahl, old time editor of the Ekalaka Eagle and an ardent promoter and supporter of having modern facilities in the community.
The new Dahl Memorial Hospital was completed the fall of 1957.
In June of 1968, Hill-Burton funds issued 21 new bed nursing home was finished and the old original hospital was used for administration and doctors offices. Today, the original building is being used as a rural health clinic.